The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults – RCIA
Christian Initiation is a Journey of Faith for all adults who wish to become members of the Roman Catholic Church. It involves the formation of the total person into a believing, living, praying and serving member of the church community.
The RCIA four-step process includes:
- Evangelization/Inquiry: A chance for people to ask questions about Catholic beliefs.
- Catechumenate: An opportunity for participants to learn about and mature in the Catholic Faith while being guided by a Catholic sponsor.
- Enlightenment: A time for deep spiritual reflection during the Lenten Season. It culminates with the administration of the three Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist) at the Easter Vigil.
- Mystagogia: An ongoing process for spiritual growth while entering fully into the community of Catholic believers. Neophytes are encouraged to continue their journey in the Catechumenate for at least one year.
Who May Join?
- The non-baptized seeking information about becoming a Catholic
- Individuals baptized in another Christian Church who desire full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Adult Catholics who have not received the sacraments of Communion or Confirmation and wish to be updated in their faith knowledge.
Christian Initiation is a year-round process which may be entered into at any time. If you know someone who is curious about our Church or if you are interested in becoming a Catholic Christian, please contact Jeff Falanga at 352-787-6354 ext. 251 or email@example.com.