Respect Life Ministry meets the first Fridays on a monthly basis, at 9:30 a.m. in FEC 215. Our meetings are open to everyone in the parish, who are interested in advancing the cause of respect for all human life from conception to natural death. We are prayerful and active, striving to stay informed to offer information and education.
Our activities include:
- On the first Wednesday of the month (March thru October), Deacon Mike Balchus prays the Angelus before Mass, gives a pro-life homily at Mass, then leads the rosary and adoration following Mass for specific intentions.
- Our Spiritual Adoption Program goes from March 25 to December 15 yearly.
- We encourage the Life Chain participation the last Sunday of October led by Deacon Michael McGinnity.
- Members attend the March for Life in St. Augustine in January.
- We coordinate with Council of Catholic Women and Knights of Columbus for an annual fundraiser October and November for Crisis Pregnancy Centers.
- Some members volunteer a few hours a week at a crisis pregnancy center and are prayer warriors at abortion clinics.
- We sponsor an essay contest for the middle school grades of St. Paul Catholic School and share films and literature with the Youth Group.
- We provide resource referrals, legislative updates, and information on the positions of political candidates that will affect human life issues.
For further information, contact Pam Dryer at 510-703-9860 or Mary Clare Zedler at 901-371-7489.